Paris street style : a guide to effortless chic / by Isabelle Thomas & Frédérique Veysset ; Isabelle Thomas under the direction of Caroline Levesque ; illustrations by Clement Dezelus ; photographs by Frederique Veysset.
By: Thomas, Isabelle.
Contributor(s): Dezelus, Clement | Veysset, Frédérique | Levesque, Caroline | Dezèlus, Clèment.Material type: BookPublisher: New York : Abrams, 2013Description: 190 pages : color illustrations ; 24 cm.Content type: text Media type: unmediated Carrier type: volumeISBN: 9781419706813 (alk. paper); 1419706810 (alk. paper).Subject(s): Fashion -- France -- Paris | Fashion design -- France -- Paris | Clothing and dress -- France -- Paris | Beauty, Personal -- France -- ParisDDC classification: 746.9/2
|Item type||Current location||Collection||Call number||Copy number||Status||Date due|
|Non-Fiction||Davis (Central) Library Non-Fiction||Non-Fiction||646.34 THO||1||Available|
Enhanced descriptions from Syndetics:
One city always seems to win the award for most-wanted style--Paris, where people walking down the avenues mix timeless and trendy pieces in a way that appears effortless. French fashion writers Isabelle Thomas and Frédérique Veysset break down the "je ne sais quoi" of Paris street style, describing the essential elements that should be in everyone's wardrobe. Renowned experts on French style--designers, stylists, editors, and celebrities--also chime in to reveal their favorite accessories and how to create multidimensional looks and make affordable clothing appear luxurious. Starring both fashion icons and anonymous women met on the streets of Paris and richly illustrated with hand-drawn sketches and Veysset's striking photographs, Paris Street Style is an inspirational fashion guide that will allow you, no matter where you are from, to cultivate an everyday style of timeless glamour, careless, easy chic-- votre style français .
Praise for Paris Street Style:
"In this fun new book, a pair of fashion bloggers promise to reveal the secrets of their compatriots' mysterious and seemingly innate ability to look sophisticated under any circumstances. With the help of hand-drawn illustrations and photos of models, fashionistas and anonymous women met in the street, they dissect the essential elements of les Parisiennes' deceptively casual, highly individualistic brand of urban chic and offer readers tips galore on creating their own personal style." -- France Magazine
Includes bibliographical references and index.
11 34 37 76 89 115 124 135 138 141
Table of contents provided by Syndetics
- What is French Style?: The Cultivation of Effortless Chic (p. 6)
- 1 Find Your Own Style: The Art of Wardrobe Management (p. 12)
- 2 Should we Keep up with Fashion?: Or Should It Keep Up with Us? (p. 24)
- 3 False Absolutes: Clichés That Are Hard to Dislodge (p. 36)
- 4 As in Fashion, So in Life: Friends You Can Count On (p. 50)
- 5 The Power of Accessories: Details That Add an Extra Oomph (p. 64)
- 6 Making Cheap Look Classy: How to Wear Mass-Produced Clothes with Style (p. 80)
- 7 Condemned Without a Fair Trial: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (p. 94)
- 8 Denim for Every Day: Dressing from Monday Through Sunday (p. 106)
- 9 The Bag of Your Life: You Can Even Be Unfaithful (p. 118)
- 10 The Little Black Dress: Is It Really Essential? (p. 128)
- 11 Welcome to the World of the Bourgeoisie: How to Class It Up (p. 136)
- 12 Stolen Clothes: How Much Can You Steal? (p. 150)
- 13 Secondhand Clothes: How to Buy and Wear Them (p. 168)
- 14 Can I Still Get Away With This?: The Limitations of Age (p. 178)
- Our Favorite Places to Go in Paris (p. 186)