Nutrition for life / Janice Thompson, Melinda Manore.
By: Thompson, Janice.
Contributor(s): Manore, Melinda.Material type: BookPublisher: San Francisco, CA : Pearson Benjamin Cummings, c2010Edition: Second edition.Description: xxx, 419 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm.Content type: text Media type: unmediated Carrier type: volumeISBN: 9780805379686(pbk).Subject(s): Nutrition
|Item type||Current location||Collection||Call number||Copy number||Status||Date due|
|Non-Fiction||Davis (Central) Library Non-Fiction||Non-Fiction||613.2 THO||1||Available|
Enhanced descriptions from Syndetics:
This textbook capitalizes on students' natural interest in nutrition by demonstrating how it relates to their own health. A unique aspect of this text is its presentation of nutrients based on function not chemical classification.
Table of contents provided by Syndetics
- 1 Nutrition: Making It Work for You
- 2 The Human Body: Are We Really What We Eat?
- 3 Carbohydrates: Bountiful Sources of Energy and Nutrients
- 4 Fat: An Essential Energy-Supplying Nutrient
- 5 Proteins: Crucial Components of All Body Tissues
- 6 Vitamins: Micronutrients with Macro Powers
- 7 Minerals: Building and Moving Our Bodies
- 8 Fluid Balance, Water, and Alcohol
- 9 Achieving and Maintaining a Healthful Body Weight
- 10 Nutrition and Physical Activity: Keys to Good Health
- 11 Nutrition Throughout the Life Cycle
- 12 Nutrition Issues: The Safety and Security of the World's Food Supply
- Answers to Review Questions