The supervisor's survival guide : a practical guide to successful supervision / by Kris Cole .
By: Cole, Kris.Material type: BookPublisher: Frenchs Forest, N.S.W. : Pearson Education, 2002Description: 1 volumes.Content type: text Media type: unmediated Carrier type: volumeISBN: 1740096177 :.Subject(s): Supervision of employees | Personnel managementDDC classification: 658.302
|Item type||Current location||Collection||Call number||Copy number||Status||Date due|
|Non-Fiction||Davis (Central) Library Non-Fiction||Non-Fiction||658.302 COL||1||Available|
Enhanced descriptions from Syndetics:
If you are a busy supervisor or first-line manager and need great tips on how to do things better, faster and more easily - this book is for you.
If you want to communicate more effectively with others, recruit, train, lead and motivate them - this book is for you.
If you want to improve your own performance, build a productive team, and deliver exceptional quality to customers - this book is for you.
The Supervisor's Survival Guide cuts through the mire and mystery of how to be a great supervisor. It's filled with practical, easy-to-implement ideas, tips, and explanations on how to manage yourself and others with professionalism, reliability and style.
Don't wait for success to come to you! The Supervisor's Survival Guide is all you need to supervise with excellence.
2 8 11
Table of contents provided by Syndetics
- Foreword (p. v)
- Preface (p. viii)
- Acknowledgements (p. ix)
- About the Author (p. x)
- Part 1 Managing Yourself
- Chapter 1 Be a peak performer Personal skills for supervisors (p. 2)
- Chapter 2 Work with others to ensure success Developing effective working relationships (p. 25)
- Chapter 3 Manage your time and reduce your stress Making the most of the time available (p. 48)
- Part 2 Managing people
- Chapter 4 Find and foster winners Recruiting, selecting, and inducting (p. 72)
- Chapter 5 Develop winners Improving results through training (p. 97)
- Chapter 6 Build peak performance and productivity Releasing people's potential (p. 116)
- Chapter 7 Be a great leader Leading and motivating others (p. 135)
- Chapter 8 Build a productive team Developing a strong team that achieves results (p. 154)
- Chapter 9 Deal with the tough stuff Managing conflict and improving and appraising performance (p. 173)
- Chapter 10 Achieve goals in meetings Leading and attending meetings (p. 204)
- Chapter 11 Assign work and delegate to individuals and teams Spreading the workload (p. 228)
- Part 3 Managing Operations
- Chapter 12 Deliver quality--every time Identifying your customers and meeting their needs (p. 246)
- Chapter 13 Do more with less Making continuous improvements (p. 261)
- Chapter 14 Deal with the headaches that surround every supervisor Planning, solving problems and making decisions (p. 273)
- Chapter 15 Find, analyse and fix problems Using systematic, analytical tools and techniques (p. 299)
- Chapter 16 Introduce and lead change Planning and fostering change (p. 331)
- Glossary (p. 351)
- Index (p. 357)