God, are we there yet? : learning to trust God's direction in your life / Robert Stofel.
By: Stofel, Robert.Material type: BookPublisher: Colorado Springs, Colo. : Life Journey, c2004Description: 189 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm.Content type: text Media type: unmediated Carrier type: volumeISBN: 0781440793(pbk).Subject(s): Christian life -- AnecdotesDDC classification: Online resources: Table of contents
|Item type||Current location||Collection||Call number||Copy number||Status||Date due|
|Non-Fiction||Davis (Central) Library Non-Fiction||Non-Fiction||248.8 STO||1||Available|
Enhanced descriptions from Syndetics:
Written by a pastor and counselor, this book offers comfort and encouragement for those who have suffered pain and loss and have subsequently been discouraged in spirit.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -170).
Stop signs, red lights, and other places to wait : understanding why god makes us wait -- Construction, a way of life : admitting you're not perfect and never will be -- Yielding to life's demands : how to keep your sanity when everyone else is losing theirs -- Going our own prideful way : there is a road that leads to destruction -- We'll leave the light on for you : when getting out of bed is harder than getting in -- Highways will get you only so far : count on personal relationships to carry you further -- Detours, shortcuts, and roadblocks : when things don't work out the way you planned -- When you feel life slip-sliding away : dealing with the fear beneath our circumstances -- Is life beautiful? I can't ever tell : take time for the scenic route -- Watch out for bum pigs! : how to deal with difficult people along the way -- The world will drown you if you let it : how to stay on top when you hit bottom -- Suffering along the way : why God allows pain -- Boat launching can be hazardous to your ego : when your dream boat won't float -- When you can see only what your headlights reveal : shine your faith into the darkness.
Table of contents provided by Syndetics
- Foreword (p. 9)
- Acknowledgments (p. 11)
- 1. Stop Signs, Red Lights, and Other Places to Wait: Understanding Why God Makes Us Wait (p. 13)
- 2. Construction--a Way of Life: Admitting You're Not Perfect and Never Will Be (p. 21)
- 3. Yielding to Life's Demands: How to Keep Your Sanity When Everyone Else Is Losing Theirs (p. 33)
- 4. Going Our Own Prideful Way: There Is a Road That Leads to Destruction (p. 45)
- 5. We'll Leave the Light on for You When Getting Out of Bed Is Harder Than Getting In (p. 57)
- 6. Highways Will Get You Only So Far: Count on Personal Relationships to Carry You Further (p. 69)
- 7. Detours, Shortcuts, and Roadblocks: When Things Don't Work Out the Way You Planned (p. 79)
- 8. When You Feel Life Slip-Sliding Away: Dealing with the Fear Beneath Our Circumstances (p. 89)
- 9. Is Life Beautiful? I Can't Ever Tell: Take Time for the Scenic Route (p. 97)
- 10. Watch Out for Bum Pigs!: How to Deal with Difficult People Along the Way (p. 107)
- 11. The World Will Drown You if You Let It: How to Stay on Top When You Hit Bottom (p. 119)
- 12. Suffering Along the Way: Why God Allows Pain (p. 131)
- 13. Boat Launching Can Be Hazardous to Your Ego: When Your Dream Boat Won't Float (p. 141)
- 14. When You Can See Only What Your Headlights Reveal: Shine Your Faith into the Darkness (p. 151)
- Appendix (p. 163)
- Notes (p. 165)
- Readers' Guide (p. 171)