Dinosaurs of Australia and New Zealand and other animals of the Mesozoic era / John A. Long.
By: Long, John A.Material type: BookPublisher: Sydney, N.S.W. : UNSW Press, 1998Description: 188 pages : illustrations (some color), maps (some col.), portraits (some col.) ; 29 cm.Content type: text Media type: unmediated Carrier type: volumeISBN: 0868404489(hbk).Subject(s): Dinosaurs -- Australia | Dinosaurs -- New Zealand | Paleontology -- Mesozoic | Animals, Fossil -- Australia | Animals, Fossil -- New Zealand | Fossils -- Australia | Paleontology -- Australia -- MesozoicDDC classification:
|Item type||Current location||Collection||Call number||Copy number||Status||Date due|
|Non-Fiction||Davis (Central) Library Non-Fiction||Non-Fiction||567.91 LON||1||Available|
Enhanced descriptions from Syndetics:
A reference on Australia and New Zealand's Mesozoic animals, including the dinosaurs, this book contains coverage of the 115-million year old Austribosphenos nyktos, the tiny shrew-like mammal whose discovery has challenged theories on the evolution of mammals.
Published simultaneously in the U.S.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -183) and index.
7 11 22 27 37 48 74 89 96 149 158
Table of contents provided by Syndetics
- Preface The Study and Discovery of Dinosaurs
- 1 Dinosaurs as Fossils
- 2 The Family Tree of Dinosaurs
- 3 Australian and New Zealand Dinosaur Discoveries: A Brief History Australia and New Zealand in the Triassic
- 4 Amphibians and Reptiles Australia in the Jurassic
- 5 Amphibians, Marine Reptiles and Dinosaurs Australia and New Zealand in the Cretaceous
- 6 Dinosaurs
- 7 Australian Amphibians, Marine Reptiles, Crocodilians, Pterosaurs, Birds and Mammals
- 8 New Zealand Dinosaurs, Marine Reptiles and Pterosaurs