Sew fast sew easy : all you need to know when you start to sew / by Elissa K. Meyrich.
By: Meyrich, Elissa K.Material type: BookPublisher: New York : St. Martin's Griffin, 2002Description: xi, 99 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm. + 3 folded folded patterns.Content type: text Media type: unmediated Carrier type: volumeISBN: 0312269099 (pbk.).Subject(s): Sewing | Machine sewing | Dressmaking
|Item type||Current location||Collection||Call number||Copy number||Status||Date due|
|Non-Fiction||Davis (Central) Library Non-Fiction||Non-Fiction||646.2 MEY||1||Available|
Enhanced descriptions from Syndetics:
Includes three ready-to-use patterns
Reinvent Sewing for the Twenty-first Century!
"Where did you get your skirt?"
Ever want to create your own designer-look fashions? Develop unique accessories or home decor? Even if you've never held a needle or used a sewing machine, this book is all you need. With three simple patterns and easy-to-follow instructions, you can put your own stamp on fashion and step out in style--yours!
- Tips and techniques from a fashion industry insider
- How to use your sewing machine to express your creativity
- How to custom-fit commercial patterns for that sexy look
- All about the latest fabrics and the best ways to use them
Plus a glossary of sewing terms makes quick reference easy.
So don't wait. Use the ideas and simple how-to instructions in this book, and everyone will want to know the secret source for your fabulous clothes and accessories!
Table of contents provided by Syndetics
- Acknowledgments (p. vii)
- Introduction (p. ix)
- How to Use This Book (p. xi)
- Chapter 1 Your Survival Sewing Kit: What You Need to Get Started (p. 1)
- Chapter 2 Fabric Has Personality: Buying the Right Fabric for Your Project (p. 11)
- Chapter 3 Before You Start Cutting: Pattern and Sewing Terms You Should Know (p. 20)
- Chapter 4 The Cutting Rules (p. 22)
- Chapter 5 Sewing Machine Fear: How to Get Over it for Good (p. 25)
- Chapter 6 Go to It: How to Make an Envelope Pillow Cover (p. 37)
- Chapter 7 Go to It: How to Make a Tote Bag (p. 45)
- Chapter 8 Go to It: How to Make a Skirt (p. 59)
- Chapter 9 Finishing Up Your Skirt: Getting the Correct Fit, Putting in the Elastic, Pressing, and Hemming (p. 71)
- Glossary (p. 88)
- Appendix Sewing on a Button (p. 98)