Rewarding service : a history of the Government Superannuation Fund / Neill Atkinson.
By: Atkinson, Neill.
Contributor(s): New Zealand. Ministry for Culture and Heritage.Material type: BookSeries: Otago history series: Publisher: Dunedin, N.Z. : University of Otago Press in association with the Ministry for Culture and Heritage, 2002Description: 147 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.Content type: text Media type: unmediated Carrier type: volumeISBN: 1877276227 (pbk.).Subject(s): Government Superannuation Fund (N. Z.) | Government Superannuation Fund (N.Z.) | Pensions | Retirement | New Zealand -- Politics and government | New Zealand -- Politics and government
|Item type||Current location||Collection||Call number||Copy number||Status||Notes||Date due|
|Non-Fiction||Alexander Library | Te Rerenga Mai o Te Kauru Stack Room||Stack Room||331.2529 ATK||1||Reference Only||Temporarily unavailable for check out|
Enhanced descriptions from Syndetics:
Traces the history of public service superannuation in New Zealand, beginning with its colonial-era implementation. This book contains appendices that list GSF superintendents and CEO's, superannuation board members, and features a graph of contributions and beneficiaries. It also includes graphs, charts, and black and white photographs.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -144) and index.
8 11 27 74 89 115
Table of contents provided by Syndetics
- Acknowledgements (p. 6)
- Introduction (p. 7)
- 1 The Evolution of Government Superannuation, 1856-1947 (p. 11)
- 2 A Uniform System, 1947-56 (p. 31)
- 3 Consolidation and Compromise, 1956-70 (p. 49)
- 4 The Generous Years? 1970-84 (p. 67)
- 5 The Declining Years, 1984- (p. 85)
- 6 An Essential Ingredient? (p. 109)
- Appendices (p. 113)
- GSF Superintendents and Chief Executive Officers, 1948-2001
- Government Superannuation Board Members, 1948-95
- Number of GSF Contributors and Beneficiaries, 1948-2000
- Notes (p. 117)
- Bibliography (p. 139)
- Index (p. 145)