Facebook & Twitter for seniors for dummies / by Marsha Collier.
By: Collier, Marsha.Material type: BookSeries: --For dummies: Publisher: Hoboken, N.J. : Chichester : Wiley ; John Wiley [distributor], 2010Description: xvii, 309 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.Content type: text Media type: unmediated Carrier type: volumeISBN: 0470637544 (pbk.) :; 9780470637548 (pbk.) :.Other title: Facebook and Twitter for seniors for dummies.Subject(s): Facebook (Electronic resource) | Twitter | Twitter (Electronic resource) | Online social networks | Social mediaDDC classification: 006.7
|Item type||Current location||Collection||Call number||Copy number||Status||Date due|
|Non-Fiction||Davis (Central) Library Non-Fiction||Non-Fiction||004.69 COL||1||Checked out||07/08/2019|
Enhanced descriptions from Syndetics:
A fun and easy social media guide for the over-55 set
People over 55 were the fastest-growing user group on Facebook in the first half of 2009, and they're flocking to Twitter at a faster rate than their under-20 grandchildren. From basic information about establishing an Internet connection to rediscovering old friends, sharing messages and photos, and keeping in touch instantly with Twitter, this book by online expert Marsha Collier helps seniors jump right into social media.Seniors are recognizing the communication possibilities of Facebook and Twitter and are signing up in record numbers This plain-English guide explains how to get online, set up a Facebook profile, locate friends, post public and private messages, share photos, create events, follow local businesses and friends on Twitter, create a blog, play games, and more Marsha Collier explains every step with the same friendly, comfortable style that has made her eBay For Dummies books bestsellers
Facebook & Twitter For Seniors For Dummies supplies everything seniors need to function confidently on these two social media platforms.
Computer and Internet basics -- Putting your face onto Facebook -- And now, it's Twitter time -- The rest of the social networking story.
Let this book be your guide to setting up Facebook and Twitter accounts, catching up with old friends and making new one, communicating with the grandkids, avoiding shady characters, foiling identity thieves, and maximizing your online experience!
2 11 30 46 68 74 89 109 111 114 164 168 182 183 184 189
Table of contents provided by Syndetics
- Part I Computer and Internet Basics
- Chapter 1 Getting a Computer Ready for the Internet
- Chapter 2 Hooking Up to the Internet
- Chapter 3 All About E-Mail
- Chapter 4 Speaking the Social Networking Language
- Part II Putting Your Face onto Facebook
- Chapter 5 Preparing Your Facebook Profile
- Chapter 6 Preparing to Share Info
- Chapter 7 Connecting with Friends and Family
- Chapter 8 Adding Photos and Videos to Facebook
- Chapter 9 Exploring Groups, Events, and Games
- Part III And Now, It's Twitter Time
- Chapter 10 A Beginner's Guide to Twitter
- Chapter 11 Conversing on Twitter with Friends, Family, and More
- Chapter 12 Gathering Tools of the Twitter Trade
- Part IV The Rest of the Social Networking Story
- Chapter 13 Sharing (and Grabbing) Photos, Videos, and Music
- Chapter 14 Giving or Taking an Opinion
- Chapter 15 So You Want to Be a Blogger?