Natural strategies for cancer patients / Russell L. Blaylock.
By: Blaylock, Russell L.Material type: BookPublisher: New York, New York : Citadel Press, Kensington Publishing Corp., Edition: Revised and updated.Description: xxii, 362 pages ; 21 cm.Content type: text Media type: unmediated Carrier type: volumeISBN: 9780806539225; 0806539224.Subject(s): Cancer -- Diet therapy | Cancer -- Alternative treatment | Cancer -- Nutritional aspects | Cancer -- TreatmentDDC classification: 616.99/40654
|Item type||Current location||Collection||Call number||Status||Date due|
|Non-Fiction||Hakeke Street Library Non-Fiction (NEST)||Non-Fiction (NEST)||616.994 BAY||Available|
Enhanced descriptions from Syndetics:
This revised, updated edition of Russell L. Blaylock's revolutionary guide offers the latest information on how and why cancer develops, why conventional treatments fail, and the critical role inflammation plays in all stages of this deadly disease. Using the latest medical discoveries and most authoritative research, Blaylock reveals why essential natural compounds can halt the spread of cancer. With the right combination of diet and nutrition, patients can develop their built-in immune mechanisms to stop the growth of cancer cells and protect their bodies from the effects of chemotherapy.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 315-337) and index.
Table of contents provided by Syndetics
- Foreword (p. ix)
- Preface (p. xiii)
- Introduction (p. xvii)
- 1 Fighting Cancer with Nutrition (p. 1)
- 2 The Cancer Process (p. 39)
- 3 Chemotherapy: Poisoning Cancer (and You) (p. 73)
- 4 Radiation Therapy: Burning Cancer (p. 115)
- 5 Nutrition and Cancer: Facts and Fallacies (p. 139)
- 6 Nutrition and Cancer Treatments (p. 177)
- 7 Nutrition, Cancer, and Immunity (p. 217)
- 8 Fighting the Special Problems of Cancer Therapy (p. 247)
- Notes (p. 315)
- Appendix A Suggested Reading (p. 339)
- Appendix B Diagnostic Laboratories (p. 341)
- Index (p. 343)