The 7 habits of highly effective people : restoring the character ethic / Stephen R. Covey.
By: Covey, Stephen R.Material type: BookPublisher: New York : Free Press, c2004Edition: [Rev. edition].Description: 372 pages ; 22 cm.Content type: text Media type: unmediated Carrier type: volumeISBN: 0743272455 (alk. paper); 0743269519 (pbk. : alk. paper).Other title: Seven habits of highly effective people.Subject(s): Success -- Psychological aspects | Character | Personal Improvement | SuccessDDC classification: 158 Online resources: Publisher description | Table of contents only | Sample text
|Item type||Current location||Call number||Status||Date due|
|Non-Fiction||Davis (Central) Library Non-Fiction||158.1 COV||On Order Unavailable|
Enhanced descriptions from Syndetics:
In The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, author Stephen R. Covey presents a holistic, integrated, principle-centered approach for solving personal and professional problems. With penetrating insights and pointed anecdotes, Covey reveals a step-by-step pathway for living with fairness, integrity, service, and human dignity -- principles that give us the security to adapt to change and the wisdom and power to take advantage of the opportunities that change creates.
Cover subtitle: Powerful lessons in personal change.
Foreword -- pt. 1. Paradigms and principles -- Inside-out -- the seven habits : an overview -- pt. 2. Private victory -- habit 1. Be proactive -- Principles of personal vision -- habit 2. Begin with the end in mind -- Principles of personal leadership -- habit 3. Put first things first -- Principles of personal management -- pt. 3. Public victory -- Paradigms on interdependence -- habit 4. Think win/win -- Principles of interpersonal leadership -- habit 5. Seek first to understand, then to be understood -- Principles of empathic communication -- habit 6. Synergize -- Principles of creative cooperation -- pt. 4. Renewal -- habit 7. Sharpen the saw -- Principles of balanced self-renewal -- Inside-out again -- Afterword -- Appendix A. Possible perceptions flowing out of various centers -- Appendix B. A quadrant II day at the office -- Problem/opportunity index.
2 11 18 68 159 161 164
Table of contents provided by Syndetics
- Part 1 Paradigms and Principles
- The Seven Habits -- An Overview
- Part 2 Private Victory
- Habit 1 Be Proactive
- Principles of Personal Vision
- Habit 2 Begin with the End in Mind
- Principles of Personal Leadership
- Habit 3 Put First Things First
- Principles of Personal Management
- Part 3 Public Victory
- Paradigms of Interdependence
- Habit 4 Think Win/WinPrinciples of Interpersonal Leadership
- Habit 5 Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood
- Principles of Empathic Communication
- Habit 6 Synergize
- Principles of Creative Cooperation
- Part 4 Renewal
- Habit 7 Sharpen the Saw
- Principles of Balanced Self-Renewal
- Inside-Out Again
- Appendix A Possible Perceptions Flowing out of Various Centers
- Appendix B A Quadrant II Day at the Office
- Problem/Opportunity Index