Witch : unleashed, untamed, unapologetic. / Lisa Lister.Material type: BookPublisher: Carlsbad, California : Hay House, Copyright date: ©2017Description: xxiv, 275 pages ; 22 cm.Content type: text Media type: unmediated Carrier type: volumeISBN: 9781781807545 (pbk.); 178180754X (pbk.).Subject(s): WitchcraftDDC classification: 133.4/3 Summary: This book will help women to remember, reconnect and reclaim the word 'witch' and its power. It provides an overview of the many different versions of witchcraft and their core principles and practices, and shares ancient wisdom made relevant for waking witches. -- From back cover.
|Item type||Current location||Collection||Call number||Status||Date due|
|Non-Fiction||Gonville Library Non-Fiction||Non-Fiction||133.43 LIS||Available|
Enhanced descriptions from Syndetics:
A witch is a wise woman, a healer. Yet for so long the word "witch" has had negative connotations. In this book, third generation hereditary witch Lisa Lister explains the history behind witchcraft, why identifying as a healer in past centuries led women to be burned at the stake, and why the witch is reawakening in women across the world today.
All women are witches, and when they connect to source, trust their intuition, and use their magic, they can make medicine to heal themselves and the world. This book is a re-telling of Herstory, an overview of the different schools of witchcraft and the core principles and practices within them. Discover ancient wisdom made relevant for modern witches-
-The wheel of the year, the sabbats, the cycles of the moon.
-Tools to enhance your intuition, including oracle cards and dowsing, so that you can make decisions quickly and comfortably.Understanding the ancient use of the word "medicine".
-How to work with herbs, crystals, and power animals so that you have support in your spiritual work.
-How to build and use a home altar to focus your intentions and align you with seasonal cycles, the moon cycles, and your own intentions for growth.
-Cleanse, purify, and create sacred space.
-Work with the elements to achieve deep connection with the world around you.
In addition, Lisa teaches personal, hands-on rituals and spells from her family lineage of gypsy witch magic to help you heal, manifest, and rediscover your powers. Above all, Lisa shows that we really are "the granddaughters of the witches that they couldn't burn".
Includes bibliographical references (pages 267-268).
This book will help women to remember, reconnect and reclaim the word 'witch' and its power. It provides an overview of the many different versions of witchcraft and their core principles and practices, and shares ancient wisdom made relevant for waking witches. -- From back cover.
11 192 200
Table of contents provided by Syndetics
- Introduction (p. xi)
- About This Book (p. xvii)
- Opening Circle (p. xxiii)
- Chapter 1 Wake the Witches (p. 1)
- Chapter 2 Which Witch Is Which? (p. 19)
- Roots, Traditions and Walking The Path
- Chapter 3 My Story (p. 45)
- Gypsies, Sara La Kali and the Re-initiation
- Chapter 4 Her Story (p. 59)
- The Great Mumma, Patriarchy and the Witch Hunts
- Chapter 5 Our Story (p. 73)
- Reclaiming the Witch, Reclaiming Your Power
- Chapter 6 The Witch Wound (p. 85)
- Re-membering Your Dis-membered Parts
- Chapter 7 Witch, Please (p. 97)
- Polarities, Contradictions, Truth and Edges
- Chapter 8 The Force of Nature (p. 107)
- SHE Who Cannot Be Controlled
- Chapter 9 The Creatrix (p. 143)
- SHE Who Dreams, Manifests and Makes Magic
- Chapter 10 The Oracle (p. 177)
- SHE Who Trusts Her Intuition and Sees All Things
- Chapter 11 The Healer (p. 197)
- SHE Who Heals Herself and Heals the World
- Chapter 12 The Sorceress (p. 229)
- SHE Who Is Charmed, Dangerous and Not Afraid of the Dark
- Chapter 13 The Witch Has Woken (p. 255)
- The Wake the Witch' Bookshelf (p. 267)
- Tools (p. 269)
- Acknowledgements (p. 271)
- About the Author (p. 275)